Violet Volts is the codename of the “bringing back Tootsville” project.
We are in the process of re-organizing into a nonprofit organization, which should be completed in January, 2018.
(It's also an anagram for Tootsville V)
This page is where the Cadre will keep “Help Wanted” listings for ways you can help give back to the community.
We need help! Here are things you can do:
- Improving the Wiki-Wiki
- Testers. The tootstest system needs testers, and yes, it's usually broken and often buggy still, but that's why we need you!
- Becoming an Operator
- Help Triage bugs
- Assist with Finding Usable Media Assets or hunt down Category:Wanted Media
- Contribute Financial Support (hate to say it, but, it's a Thing)
- Transcribing things from audio documents
- Did you ever play in Res Interactive's Tootsville? Check out this Wiki-Wiki and help fill in missing sections, or post comments on the “Talk” tab if something isn't quite the way you'd like it.
- Want to dig through the legacy players' blogs, Facebook comments, and so forth? Maybe there was a good idea back then, that we want to bring back.
Artists, Musicians, …
- 3D models needed: Category:Needs 3D
- 2D textures needed: Category:Needs Texture
- Music needed: Category:Needs Music
- Sound effects (Foley) needed: Category:Needs Foley
- 3D animation needed: Category:Needs Rigging Category:Needs Animation
- Builder Toots are programmers who build the game world
- https://tootsville.org/development/ has the overview of build status, tests passing, projects, and so forth
- Builder:Pages are other status and things maintained in the Wiki-Wiki
- We will be introducing a security audit through the HackerOne platform after launch. See Core:Vulnerability